RC-1 Modelle

AURORA

AURORA

Einen Spinner bekommt sie auch noch. Wollte erst mit einer 13 x 8 fliegen. Dafür passte der Spinner.
Flieg aber jetzt mit einer 14 x 7. Muss den Spinner noch nacharbeiten.

Reine Faulheit, das mit den Übergängen war mir dann doch zu viel Arbeit.

Guido Schneiders

cap102

User
Der flieger ist wirklich sehr schön geworden. Freu mich mit Dir, dass
er so gut fliegt!!

Gruss Achim

...gehört da nicht eigentlich ein Hanno rein..?

AURORA

AURORA

Hallo Achim,

gebe Dir recht. Eigentlich gehört da ein Hanno rein. Habe aber keinen.
Ein Vereinskamerad hatte einen Hanno. Der war hängend eingebaut. Er drehte den Flieger jedes mal zum Starten auf den Rücken. Das wollte ich mir auch sparen.

Gruß

Guido Schneiders

Hi to all, I am Andrea - an Italian RC modeler

Excuse my choice of English language, but unfortunately I don't know German language. I am interested in old RC-1 planes, particularly from Germany and Austria. I am searching of kits and spare parts, I don't like much ARF's.

I contacted bitmodell.de (Curare, Leopard) and Steinhardt-Modellbau (Sultan V) but unfortunately both have ended their production.

I found PAF (Sultan V) and Topp-Rippin (Olympia-Flipper). I found also Sunshine-Modellbau, but his Curare and Blue Angel seem to me not so close to original drawings. Am I wrong? :confused:

Last, I found Shadow from Beineke Modellbau. I don't know if it was a RC-1 used in old German or International competitions, or if it's only a sport plane that "look as" an RC-1.
I searched on Internet and old magazines, but I didn't found anything. The price is quite low, so I think it's a short-kit (not all parts).
Unfortuntaley, Beineke hasn't an email address, only phone contact. This is a problem for me, because I am able to write in English but my speaking is quite bad. Someone knows another way to contact him? :confused:

I accept every suggestion about other kits and other factories. I found on an old magazine the 1975 World Champion final ranking with other plane names such as Mephisto, Skorpion, Saturn but I don't know if they are available in kit. :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions
Greetings from Rome :)

Andrea

Hello Andrea,

welcome to this forum! I guess you know about Benito Bertolani's Kosmo 3, available still today as a kit made by Mantua... Kit quality is pretty good, it is an all wood kit.

Beineke's Shadow is a copy of the plane called "Kobra" made by Wiko in the 1970s. The Shadow is a good and fast flying classic RC1 plane, but I do not know how complete the kit is.

You will need a good portion of patience and luck to get hold of an original RC1 plane kit, but keep looking out. Every now and then on the Internet auction sites one is sold.

Best regards
Dominik

Hello Domink,

yes, I know Kosmo 3 and met Benito last year, he was the main judge in a Retro Contest at our flying field.

Unfortunately I think that the Mantua Kosmo balsa kit is not so good, and I think that a RC-1 plane must be fast to build, because the main purpose is flying aerobatics.
I spent one year (!!!) becoming crazy :confused: to build an all-balsa Mach 1. I thought that a wooden laser-kit was very easy and fast to build.

Unfortunately the Mach 1 is a plane full of round curves and also fuselage sides are rounded, so the kit designer had a "great" idea: laser-cutting a sort of "plywood square box" inside the fuselage, but the outside is covered with many pieces of 2 mm balsa sheet. All balsa pieces was hand-cutting, hand-curved and hand-fitted from the builder.
It was very easy for the producer of kit, but a nightmare for me: my purpose was to build an RC-1 plane, not a '30s Minimoa glider or an ancient sailing ship :mad:
Furthermore, the fuselage surface is very easy to break :cry:

I think that planes with many round curves must be with GFK fuselage, or builded with balsa blocks, or balsa sheeted foam blocks (as Peter Erang's Matador, for example).

I am not a great and expert builder, but too many ARFs in a flying fields make me sad... so I am searching of honest and good "old" kits.

Thanks!
Andrea :)

cap102

User
Hello Andrea,

why not taking a closer look at the Sunshine Kits. They should
be built up quickly and the quality is quite ok for a reasonable price.
The ailerons could easily be modified to the original shape so that
the planes should be close to the originals.

Good luck.

Regards Achim

Ciao Andrea,

the Mantua Kit of Benitos 'Komsmo 3' is still a good one,
easy to build, comes with a jig to assemlke the wing a. s. o.
It's exceptional well priced and you'll get a great bird build in a
very classical manner. Beside this there are not too many wood kits
on the market. Wood flys better ;). Give it a try - you will not regred it.

Holger Mittelstädt

Vereinsmitglied
Arrow 60

Arrow 60

Hallo RC1 Freunde.

Nach viel Schleif und Lackierarbeit komme ich meinem Ziel immer näher !

noch ein paar Kleingkeiten wie Resoabdeckung schwarz bei lackieren und noch seitliche Schriftzüge und dann kann Klarlack drüber .
Dann wieder schleifen schleifen und noch mal schleifen :rolleyes: und dann das Endfinish bis Er glänzt :cool:

Ich freue mich schon auf der "Erstflug"

Gruß Holger

Anhänge

• 20170428_215516.jpg
    20170428_215516.jpg
    118,3 KB · Aufrufe: 151
  • 20170608_112201.jpg
    20170608_112201.jpg
    364,9 KB · Aufrufe: 118
Mach 1

Mach 1

Hi Andrea,

It was told the original Midwest Mach 1 kit was a nightmare in regard of many hard balsa blocks, which were glued together. The builder had to hand-carve the typical fuselage shape out of that...

There has been a nice Aviomodelli kit of the Mach 1, it had a fuselage which had to be glued together from 2 ABS halves.
What is the flying weight of your Mach 1?

Dominik

What is the flying weight of your Mach 1?

Unfortunatley I cannot say the weight: when I was very close to complete the construction - I was at 90 % - I realized that I spent dozens and dozens of hours of my life getting angry, instead of enjoy it (this hobby should make us happy, not sad).

So I throwed all in the garbage :eek: . I know that it could seem a strange (or fool) thing, but I assure you that was a nice day after months of sadness :D

Start a project shouldn't be the only reason to end it... if it doesn't satisfy us :rolleyes:

Andrea

hholgi

User
RC1 Virus

RC1 Virus

Kleines Zwischenintermezzo:
Nachdem ich vor 9 Jahren mit meiner kleinen Minare angefangen hab sind wir inzwischen wieder 3 Leute die Regelmäßig RC1 Maschienen aufm Platz fliegen. Ein weiterer hat eine in Vorbereitung.

Bei den anderen Sparten ... speziell Schaumfliegerei;) gehen die Aktivitäten eher zurück ...
Zu Deutsch: wir haben auch Platz :cool:

f3d

Vereinsmitglied
KATO ARROW

KATO ARROW

Ich habe selbst 3 Stück KATO MK ARROW und alle liegen über 4kg, eine sogar bei 4,3kg. Alle sind komplett 2k lackiert mit EZFW und Klappen d.h. viele große Servos !

Mir ist ein 61 Motor deutlich zu wenig bei dem Gewicht.

Ich habe alle auf den OS RX 91( Heckauslass ) umgerüstet mit dem kurzen Greve Rohr, passt perfekt unter die Haube. Da das Lochbild das gleiche ist wie beim 61 OS war der Tausch eine Sache von Minuten.

Nun geht die ganze Fuhre, so wie ich es mir vorstelle - kraftvoll in allen Lagen.

MFG Michael

Swiftus

User gesperrt
Blue Angel

Blue Angel

Hallo Retrofreunde,

das passt vielleicht nicht ganz hier her. Aber nachdem ich meine Blue Angel gebaut und geflogen habe ist die Retro RC 1 doch nicht ganz meine Welt.
Ich habe meine neue Blue Angel in die Börse gestellt.

DSC00921 (800x600).jpg

Grüße Jörg

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:

spitty

User
Jörg,

ging mir mit meiner Curare erst genauso...... alles wunderbare Erinnerungen, dann festgestellt,

dass ich mir über die Jahre einen gänzlich anderen Flugstil angeeignet habe....kraftvoller Kunstflug,

auch 3D, mit entsprechenden Modellen.....auf recht engen Raum.

Curare in die Börse gestellt, Gott sei Dank hat sie niemand genommen.....puuh, Glück gehabt.

Mittlerweile macht sie mir extrem viel Spaß, wenn andere wegen Wind einpacken, stört sie das kein bisschen...

als ob 20 Knoten voll Crosswind nicht existieren.

Und Du hast so eine schöne BA gebaut, überleg es Dir gut mein Sohn ;););)

Andy

P.S: da wir von Ken Enya ein paar Heckauslässer bekamen, weiß hier jemand, ob vom

Arrow ein guter Kit angeboten wird? ist auch so ein Favourit:)

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten