Omega (Nan): Erfahrungen?

I mained today the omega, its very good flyer, im used to fly an xplorer and this smaller one liked a lot :):).

Only made short fligth because the motor was not stopping (no brake), i have a problem with that because i use the roxxy esc programmer, go to brake menu and set to "on" but the value seems not to be settled to the controller as i connected again go to brake menu and saw "off"..... I read the instructions and found no reference on doing something special to set the values to esc like pressing a button or something.... maybe im missing something??

Its need to do something special to change the value of a roxxy esc using the programmer?? (more than selecting the correct value on screen :) )
Also noted that the engine comes down hot (i only use 6sec burst), its normal?

Thanks!

Dumb question about the esc... i need to go to download menu to store aetting to esc.

Regarding the reisenauer temperature, maybe its need to open air intakes to do some cooling? Seems extrange to me as i dont see those on other people omega with same powerplant

m0p3d

User
If programming is finished try to "trim" the motor power chan. to - . For example if you have done ESC setup with -100 / +100 "position" signal trim to -110 maybe this helps. (if not try to progam the esc via RC)

Dont need cooling in my omega with the same setup- motor gets warm but not hot - poweron time is <5s in my case.
Hope this helps.

Hallo zusammen, heute bin ich seit langem mal wieder Omega geflogen. Bei den Bedingungen, leicht böiger Wind wäre etwas mehr Gewicht angenehmer gewesen, weiß mir jemand ne Quelle für nen Stahl Verbinder?

Grüße

Felix

KaiB

User
Blätter mal ein paar Seiten im Thread zurück, da bietet jemand an. Nicht zu verfehlen, große Fotos.
Habe meinen Stahlverbunder auch von hier, passt saugend und hat einen guten Winkel.

omega.jpg

Today made 3 flights, put 5 secs motor timer and change the esc timing to reisenauer recommendation. if there is time between motor burst it comes down warm but not hot, if you use the motor more continuous it goes a little hotter.

I think to put some lead to move the CG backwards (+-10grs) as it pulls up in a nose dive.... and fine my camber settings, its fast and also thermals well, im happy!!

I use a sls 2200 lipo, how many motor time do run? i try 30 secs and lipo end on +- 3.95 per cell

m0p3d

User
You could try to remove the metal covers of the sls lipos - this will save weight.
Im using telemetry to check used capacity - so not shure about runtime.
For me strange - i need approx 20-30g lead in the nose to get the correct CG- setup is motor-esc-lipo lipo back as far as possible
Post picture of your setup

Maybe i misunderstood this thread, i thought that ideal position with that motor was motor+lipo+esc.... I was surprised as i understood that whit that combination the cg will be more or less spot on but i need that i will need to put a little more than 10 grs on tail.

i can not move backwards the lipo because if i do the cable push the canopy up. I tried the position that you said while building but seems to not find a way to have the esc fixed and space left to slide the lipo in the fuse...

IMG_5064.JPG

IMG_5065.JPG

m0p3d

User
IMG_20170614_183853.jpg

Heavy 80A ESC 10g lead, Reisenauer heavy gearbox (non magnesium) Turnigy Lipo 2200maH - note the SLS doesnt fit without modification (remove metal covers of lipobag)

Thanks for the photos!!

You give me an idea, my wires on lipo and esc are "original length" i can trim those and remove a few grams, and if not enough i can remove metal plates from lipos as you said.

This weekend weather seems very good so i will make some test to see how much i need to move to move cg backward, right now with the 10grs lead on the fuse (with tape to test) im on 1312 grs

im really having bad luck with this plane :(

Today i was flying heard a extrange noise and land, back to home i unscrew the gearbox and found this !!!! one pinion has no "hole" and the pinions where outside their axes¿?¿

image1 copy.jpg

image3 copy.jpg

What can be the cause for that ???? I didn't understand what happened here

Tried to edit my post but dont found how.... Also im looking to order a new getriebe and see that exist two units 5:1 a light one and a standard one, someone who has this with a peggy pepper knows which one do they have, light or normal one¿

m0p3d

User
1.) Maybe its right to have only 2 pins - but couldnt verify this. I dont belive in assembly malfunction by reisenauer
look:http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showthread.php/235236-Micro-Edition-3-1-Vorschlag-bzw-Frage - note this is not the correct assembly of the gear!!
2.) As mentioned above - i have the heavy one - this is the right choice for omega because light one will force you to add more lead. But if you consider your assembly and the fact w/o changing something in your motor esc lipo lineup the light one could be right (because you told me maybe you would have to add lead in the back)

Re-edit : I can see 3 pins on the maingear - the small gears have to sit on the pins on this big gear. I assume the found "pins" are needels of the needle bearings inside the small gears - check them for missing needles

1.) Maybe its right to have only 2 pins - but couldnt verify this. I dont belive in assembly malfunction by reisenauer
look:http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showthread.php/235236-Micro-Edition-3-1-Vorschlag-bzw-Frage - note this is not the correct assembly of the gear!!
2.) As mentioned above - i have the heavy one - this is the right choice for omega because light one will force you to add more lead. But if you consider your assembly and the fact w/o changing something in your motor esc lipo lineup the light one could be right (because you told me maybe you would have to add lead in the back)

Re-edit : I can see 3 pins on the maingear - the small gears have to sit on the pins on this big gear. I assume the found "pins" are needels of the needle bearings inside the small gears - check them for missing needles

Sorry, my mistake, i did not read with detail your previous post where you mentioned the heavy gearbox.... i was concerned in the 1000w 30secs max limit for the light one so thats why i was asking but found the motor test page that comes with the motor and said 894,4w and im 5secs, so i think its on the safe side to use the light one.

I have the feeling that i have been flying with the small gears out of place all the time.... i fly more than 10 times...

Yes the found pin are from the needle bearing that goes inside the small gear, the rest of that needle bearing its totally melted inside the small gear.

Also one of the 3 pins on the mainger was "bitten" by a small gear so less than a half diameter right now, i will keep that for spares, get a new one... and pay more attention next time.

I have the cg dialed to my taste with 13 grs of lead with tape on tail, so i will buy a light micro edition in order to remove lead.

Omega bestellen

Omega bestellen

Kann mir jenmand sagen wo ich den Omega bestellen kann und was er kostet ?
oder wenn es den nicht mehr gibt eventuell eine alternative.

Bei Cumulus habe ich schon gefragt.

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten