Does people still like vaccum bagged dlg now?

Hi all
The dlg becomes popular and popular now, and more and more people love it.there are many professional dlg in the market,they are all mold built,and the price are more than $500, or even more. Its expensive to the beginner and many people who want try this game.i understand why the dlg is expensice,the mold fee, material,labor cost...many people around me like this game, and want to have a try, but when i tell them the price ,most of them stop their thoughts.
i have design a 1.5meter dlg 2 years before, and even cut the mold, but baecause of there are still problems with the mold and the CNC factory refused to modify the mold, so this project stopped.and i dont want to pay more money on a new mold.
my friend has a CNC mill. he asked me if i can build a vaccum bagged dlg for him, and he can get 10 sets order if the price is under 350 EU.Its a good idea to me ,and we talked this project with him further.here is our plan.

1.cut the wing and tails cores with CNC(rohacell core)
2.cut the fuse lage with aluminum mold
3.bagged the wings tails
4.retail price is less then 350EU(in Europe, and $350 to other country)
5.one piece wing or 2(for less shipping cost) .i want to sell them worldwide.

here is data of my dlg
Wing span: 1494mm
length:1133
wing area:19.6dm^2
wing weight:95~105 grams (https://shop1.r-g.de/en/art/192040060-CBA310) (https://shop1.r-g.de/en/art/190263-45-20-100) the weight depend on the material
tails weight :12 grams
fuselage:10~12 grams
boom weight 26grams
total weight less than 220grams

May i ask some questions:
1.if the plan reasonable?
2.does people will accept bagged dlg with this price?
3cani sell 100 sets worldwide? if it does i can save money to cut a new mold and then produce mold dlg with reasonable price . (thats my dream)

Thank you all guys!

Anhänge

• IMG_0357.jpg
    IMG_0357.jpg
    361,6 KB · Aufrufe: 664
  • IMG_0363.jpg
    IMG_0363.jpg
    577,2 KB · Aufrufe: 495
  • view1.jpg
    view1.jpg
    256,5 KB · Aufrufe: 639
  • view2.jpg
    view2.jpg
    149,8 KB · Aufrufe: 469

Nahum

User
Hi,

I don´t really understand your plan. You have a pretty nice wing mold (although it looks really heavy) and the tail molds seem to be usable too. Though you want to use cnc milled rohacell-cores but put them in a vacuum bag?

Whether people would buy it or not depends on the overall concept (not the CX5:)) and performance. The Zone V2 wing is good, but its not a unique selling point.

Hi,

I don´t really understand your plan. You have a pretty nice wing mold (although it looks really heavy) and the tail molds seem to be usable too. Though you want to use cnc milled rohacell-cores but put them in a vacuum bag?

Whether people would buy it or not depends on the overall concept (not the CX5:)) and performance. The Zone V2 wing is good, but its not a unique selling point.
Hi
here is the story about the mold. https://www.rc-network.de/threads/cad-daten-für-mittelklasse-f3k-modell-kaufen.794121/
the mold is failue. and i have no more money to cut new one! i just want to save some more money to cut a new mold in the future if i can sell some vacuum bagged dlg. thank you for your idea.

I would rather make a new mold for the wing if I was you. Vacuum bagged is nice, but people definitely prefer molded DLGs.
Look for "Corian", it's relatively cheap tooling material which is being used for kitchen counters. The price for a wing mold should be below 500€ and if your friend has a CNC mill, you probably can mill the mold yourself and save some money.

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten