ASW-28 (Spw. 3 m): Lieferant?

Hi,
Does anybody knows where I can get a 3m ASW 28 that I can order and be delivered within days?
I'll be in the UK for a couple of weeks next months and the only one I found is in TOPRC.eu (in Slovenia) but they seem to sell a bit of everything (more cars than planes) and there are a couple of bad reviews about that store so I'm not sure I want to risk it.
The other I saw is LET but it seems like I need to order and they'll build it to custom fit the order and I don't think they'll be able to deliver in time.
I saw some threads here about a Robbe ASW but I searched around and didn't find any retailers.
Thanks in advance for any info about this,
Fernando

bie

Vereinsmitglied
Hi Fernando,

did a quick research and found out, that there aren’t to many ASW-28 with a 3-meter-ws available.

It seems like Robbe offered an all-composite-version a couple of years ago, but I coudn’t find any reseller, who offers it right now.

But: tun.ch in Switzerland seems to offer the LET-ARF-ASW 28 and they claim a 2 to 4 days delivery time in Switzerland (and 4 to 16 days in Europe).

If you need assistance to get in contact just give me a PN.

jufi

User
Hi Fernando,
in August I ordered an ASW 28 in 2 m wingspan from TopRC.eu. They delivered after payment in only three days to Germany. Maybe the 3 m ASW is also fast s mine. Sent a email or take a call. They are very friendly and helpful. Try this...

maybe 3.5m wingspan?

maybe 3.5m wingspan?

you can search for Royal-Model ASW-28 3.5m it`s available in various shops...

Regards,

Robert

Börny

User
Glidersparadise (ehemals Vagenknecht)

Glidersparadise (ehemals Vagenknecht)

Na dann schmeisen wir mal noch die seit Jahren bestens fliegend ASW28 von Glidersparadise mit 3m Spannweite ins Rennen. Fliege das Modell seit weit über zehn Jahren selbst und kann es daher als sehr gut empfehlen. Im Forum habe ich zu dem Modell schon so einiges geschrieben. Hier gibt es ein guten Artikel in der Zeitschrift Aufwind. Hier sind ein paar Bilder zu meinem Umbau mit Elektro-Anrtrieb.

Teck 1.JPG

ASW 28 3.jpg

Hier findest Du meine Beschreibung zum Modell.

Noch ein Bild aus der Zeit ohne Antrieb:

ASW 28 Segler.jpg

Ist übrigens auch als 24 oder 27 zu haben. Sowie mit und ohne eingebautem Einziehfahrwerk.

Wow!,
Thanks guys there are a few options there to look at.
Thanks for sharing all this info I'll look at the options to see which one suits me better.
I was loosing hope of finding what I wanted but I'm sure it's there...

Ok,
After looking at the options I'm down to two.
I discarded the Krause even though they look amazing and really good price I think 4m is a bit too big and I don't want to risk that the airline might refuse to accept the box as luggage.
The LET model seems to be a work of art with all the super scale details but the extra money and my history of going through models lives too quickly makes me think to save the money not involved in the performance of the model: D

So, since Jufi ordered from TOPRC without issues that puts them in the contest again, and the other contender would be the 3.5m from Royal.
Now I have to decide if I want to get an extra 0.5m for the same price or if I still prefer the fully molded one.

Thanks again to everybody this was really helpful

Fernando

Well, it was hard to make a decision about which one I prefer if the 3m full molded or the 3.5m with the foam wings so I had to order both.
I talked over the phone with TOPRC in Slovenia and they told me they have it stock and could ship readily so I place the order last Tuesday, since then I received a couple of emails that it seems like they'll ship it this next Monday and would take about 5 days to the UK. So far so good (it seems).

Now...
The Royal Model 3.5m I ordered from Modellmarkt24.de and I'm starting to get a not very nice feeling.
Since they said they had some days delay due to the EU Customs I ordered this one with lots of time. I placed the order on the 10/10/18 to make sure it will get to the UK on time.
Two weeks later, I sent an email to get shipping confirmation and they told me that there is no problem with Customs because my order would ship directly from Royal in the Czech Republic.
Now it has been 3 weeks they got my money and still no shipping confirmation I email them again and they replied that they asked RM for a tracking number and they'll give it to me when they get it.
Not sure if this is common way of dealing in EU but 3 weeks and no shipping confirmation for an item that shows in stock it seems to me a bit excessive (unless it shipped and they could not bother to send a tracking number).
My worry is that I only going to be in Europe for two weeks so if the glider is not on the way already it won't get there on time : Cry:.
Let's hope for the best...
Fernando

Hi Fernando,

just in case, lately I buy most of my gliders from Lindinger.at in Austria. They have good service and prices and shipping to Puerto Rico takes approx. 3 weeks. I usually pay for 4 to 5m gliders 49 Euros shipping. Prices are 20% less as indicated on their website as they include the local tax.

regards

Hi Fernando,

just in case, lately I buy most of my gliders from Lindinger.at in Austria. They have good service and prices and shipping to Puerto Rico takes approx. 3 weeks. I usually pay for 4 to 5m gliders 49 Euros shipping. Prices are 20% less as indicated on their website as they include the local tax.

regards

Thank you!
For this year I bought the 3m from topRC fully molded and the 3.5m from Royal that's why I wanted to know the flying weight since mine came out at 4kg balanced at the recommended place.
But I'll keep Lindinger in mind for the future.

Fernando

JML

User
Hi Fernando,

my suggestion is to start with CG at about 80mm. And maybe going back a little, as your flavor..
I added flaps to the wings and I changed the very heavy wingconnector to a glass bar 14mm.
The weight of mine is about 3,7kg - including cockpit of ASW28-18 and a Hacker A30-12XL Glider in the nose, running on 4s 2800mAh.
So you easy could get down to 3,5kg, which should be okay for this model.

regards
Jens

Hi Fernando,

my suggestion is to start with CG at about 80mm. And maybe going back a little, as your flavor..
I added flaps to the wings and I changed the very heavy wingconnector to a glass bar 14mm.
The weight of mine is about 3,7kg - including cockpit of ASW28-18 and a Hacker A30-12XL Glider in the nose, running on 4s 2800mAh.
So you easy could get down to 3,5kg, which should be okay for this model.

regards
Jens

:eek::eek::eek: 80mm from the LE seems way far back from the 65-70mm recommended in the manual but if you fly it like that might be ok.
I'll look into getting a CF wing connector since that steel one weights like an anchor.
Thanks for the info...
Fernando

JML

User
Fernando, I won´t use a carbon wing connector, because of the brazen tubes in the wings..
It is not recommended to combine these two materials.
Carbon is okay if there are tubes made of glass in the wings, like this one in the fuselage.
The 14mm glass bar has proven very well last season in my ASW28.

Fernando, I won´t use a carbon wing connector, because of the brazen tubes in the wings..
It is not recommended to combine these two materials.
Carbon is okay if there are tubes made of glass in the wings, like this one in the fuselage.
The 14mm glass bar has proven very well last season in my ASW28.

Do you fly it thermal or slope?
Where we fly here (on slope) winds are quite strong and not sure I would trust glass connector, anyway I think I'll try the way it is first with the steel one.

JML

User
... in the mountains... - so thermal and slope, but mostly no strong winds
Maybe the steel connector would be better for you.
But consider the wings of ASW28 have no spar..

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten