ReMotCam F3F: automatic F3F measuring system

aubry

User
Hallo zusammen,

Nach über einem Jahr Entwicklung parallel zu MotCam, bin ich stolz ReMotCam F3F zu präsentieren. Dabei handelt es sich um eine Lösung, um F3F-Wettbewerbe und Training-Sessions in Verbindung mit MotCam automatisch zu verwalten.

MotCams sind Kameras, die an den A und B Wenden die Segler automatisch erkennen. Sobald ein Model die Wendmarke überkreuzt wird ein Signal auf dem Netzwerk gesendet, Womit die Kamera identifiziert wird. ReMotCam F3F sucht nach allen Kameras die an dem Netzwerk verbunden sind kann anschließend Signale übertragen. So können Bild- und Erkennungs-einstellungen der Kameras geändert werden. Es können sogar Bilder in Echtzeit übertragen werden.

ReMotCam F3F benutzt Text-to-Speech Technologie um den Piloten während des Durchgangs verschiedene Countdowns und Ansagen zu geben. Weiter hin wird ein USB-Relay bei jeder Änderung der Flugphase geschaltet. Dieser kann mit einer Sirene verbunden werden, um dem Piloten ein stärkeres Signal zu geben, aber auch um die Anlage mit einem externen System zu verbinden.

ReMotCam Kann mit externen Wettersensoren für Windstärke und -richtung verbunden werden, um entsprechend der FAI Regeln eventuelle Reflights anzubieten. Das System Berücksichtigt auch die 30mn Regel und verwirft automatisch die ungültigen Zeiten.

Alle mögliche Situationen die während einem Wettbewerb vorkommen, können in dem Programm gehandhabt werden: Strafpunkte, Reflights, wechselnde startreihenfolge in jeder Runde, usw. Die Daten können im F3XVault-Format gespeichert werden, so ist es möglich nach jeder Runde die Ergebnisse Hochzuladen für eine Live-veröffentlichung der Wettbewerbsdaten.

ReMotCam wurde ausführlich getestet um mögliche Bugs und fehlerhaften Code zu beseitigen. Heute wird die Beta-Version mit einem ermäßigten Preis von 200€ veröffentlicht. Sobald die Finale-version publiziert wird, Erhalten alle Beta-Tester eine Kostenlose Lizenz.

1) MotCam erkennt nur Objekte die sich in einer Richtung bewegen, so werden viele Fehlansagen vermeidet. Auch die minimale Größe der Objekte ist einstellbar. Weiterhin werden nur Trajektorien berücksichtigt, die mit der Eines Modells kompatibel sind (z.B. keine Zig-zag oder Sprunghafte Bewegungen). Letztens aktiviert ReMotCam eine Kamera nicht sofort nach der Erkennung auf der anderen Seite, sondern mit einer Verzögerung (die dynamisch angepasst wird). So werden Fehlermeldungen, z.B. durch Vögel, vermieden. Trotzdem können letztere nicht ausgeschlossen werden, und in Ausnahmefälle können Reflights nötig sein.

2) Die Latenz hängt von der Hardware an den Wendekomputern ab, von der Anzahl an Kameras und der eventuellen Aufnahme der Videos. Mit einem i5 Laptop und 2 Kameras mit Aufnahme der Videos erreiche ich um die 60fps, das heißt 70ms mit interne Bearbeitung der Bilder in der Kamera (40 bis 60ms). Mit einem i7 kann der Maximalwert von 75fps erreicht werden. Man muss berücksichtigen das ein normaler Mensch durchschnittlich 280ms Verzögerung hat, siehe hier: https://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests...ime/statistics.

3) Die Kamera die ich Verwende (Sony PS3 Eye) hat 2 Zoom Einstellungen: 56° und 75° FOV. Mit 2 Kameras mit 56°FOV können Modelle in 150m Entfernung erkannt werden. Allerdings wird das Risiko einer Fehlmeldung (wegen Insekten oder Vögel) Größer, wenn die minimale Erkennungsgröße reduziert wird.

Thanks Lucas KUGLER for the translation ;)
Grube,
Aubry

Hy Aubry,
looks like a brilliant system for competitions and for privat training. Now the question of questions....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:? How much money did you spend on it and will it be commercially available in any form (plug and play or as a kit).
I think you should have posted this in the F3F/F3B/F3J-Competion Thread. You would get more attention I think. Maybe ask on of the mod's to move it there.

Happy Easter and Stay healthy

Jörg Baumann

aubry

User
Hello Joerg,

Thanks for the interest, I will ask Tobias to move this thread.
Regarding your question, most of my hardware are from second hand market and my hardware first choice was to get "more than not enough calculation", so few times ago I preferred i5 NUC for example and therefore before many tests and BIOS setup and software setup... Now we can say than just a i3 is enough to get full calculations and so on full detections. So you have to keep in mind that my hardware compromise is much too powerful, but I can say it today only after trying many setups :)
I am fully open to share everything for who wants to built another by his own. My automatic typical base mainly cost around 500euros each but finally remark that today I only use 30% of the calculations capability.
Finally if we imagine a FAI contest who each pilot register for 50 euros, you only need 20 pilots to monetize the investment and so on without any risk for judge at the bases, same base detections for all pilots, not 3 meters before or after the base.
All my spent times to find out compromise, analyse detections (right and false detections) back home, understand why then optimise it, find right setup or solutions is free now :)
I know that others built it in another way with the same results, spending more or less time and money.

Have a nice Easter too Joerg and #staysafe

Aubry

Hello Aubry,
your system sounds interesting.

You mentioned that it can be used even at F3F contests.

In this case I would expect a detection rate of 99% and higher. And also the amount of false detections should be very low.

Did you ever measured this rates andi f yes what results did you get?

Many thanks in advvance!

regards
Gerhard

aubry

User
Hello Gerhard,

I know 2 persons who used this for F3B and another for F5B as they also needs base detections but I have no idea of their hardware and mounting choices, in fact it's useful for every base detections.
From the beginning in 2018 we expected 99,99% detection rate which will be as a human judge who sometimes forget to bip and lost the way of the course, bip when he have not to bip, touch the wrong button (small button for "out of the course" big button for "base crossing or enter the course" etc, that's why by my side I did higher hardware choice.
Today, and that's what I have open a thread, we managed 99,99%. 1000 bases is achieved in only 1 hours when we train between mates at 3 or 4 pilots ;)

At last practice day with mates, one of them said me " It may have something, It don't bip on left base", so I checked at the slope with a my screen to see cameras detections screens then saw that in fact 1 or 2 meters was always missing by the pilot at the turns. That means it was many right detections because the MotCam see him every time but he don't cross the line :), but I targeted too much to the left when positioning this base. So I just said him that he was too short for the left base.
Last group practice with mates was done by the end of Fébuary in cloudy day and so on in a poor light day, and everything did perfect. More the days are lighter, more the detection rate are perfect, that why I like to try them in winter. I we are happy with them in winter lights, we are happier in summer lights.

As the detection processed as used by my side, and like others, is very sensitive, it just needs to be rigorous at field regarding environment, it's only few minutes of preparation on each base if needed, depending of the slope ;).
If you need more details about how detections is processed I may be better to ask Alvaro SIGALDO who designed the software.

Hope I answered your interrogations,
Regards,
Aubry

Hello Aubry,
many thanks for your explanations.

I already have found the concerning threads on rcgroups, very impressive results.

I'm little bit confused about who develped and sales the software.

As far as I've understand there will be licence cost for each PS3 camera.
Is the ReMotCam software already included or an additional piece of software (with extra costs)?

Many thanks in advance!

regards
Gerhard

The license is linked to the camera-ID (which is unique for every PS3-cam). You can buy a cam from whereever you like and Alvaro SiLGado links the license to the number.

Tern

User
Hallo Gerhard

das Mot Cam Sytem ist von Alvaro Silgado entwickelt worden.
Alvaro ist ein erfolgreicher F3F Pilot.
Alvaro verkauft die Software.
Die Hardware ist Sache des Käufers.
Das System hat einige überlegene Eigenschaften, da es wirklich viel Rechenpower im Hintergrund hat.
Nachteil ist, das die benötigten PC's reichlich Strom ziehen.
Hier braucht es entsprechende Akkupower.

Martin (User smaug) hat so ein System angeschafft.

https://www.f3f.ch/?tag=motcam

Gruss
Markus

Hallo Markus,
Danke für den Link.
Martins Beitrag klingt ja schon nicht schlecht. Gab es den noch weitere (wie angekündigt) Beiträge zum MotCAM? bzw. Einsätze?

Besten Dank im voraus!
Gerhard

aubry

User
Hello Joerg!

Ya my NUCs communicate with the wifi to my timer, as I don't want to bring 100m of cable on slope with me....
But you can also plug a cable on each :-)

Grüße
Aubry

Hallo alle zusammen! Sprechen Sie spanisch? And that's all my German :-)

As Aubry has kindly introduced, I developed MotCam and ReMotCam F3F some years ago. In the last 3 years, it's been strongly tested by more than 200 pilots around the world for F3F, F3B, F5B, F5D, F3D, F3T, and even F3S (I didn't know it exist before!).

It's been working solid, detecting planes in less than 75ms, measured with high speed cameras recording when the plane crosses the base and when a light is turned on by MotCam. Have in mind that average human reaction time is about 300ms! That means MotCam is 4 times faster than a human buzzing correctly.

But, what is more important, MotCam rejects other objects very acurately. So, it can reject as an object crossing the base bees and other bugs, birds, clouds moving fast, waves on the sea and other artifacts that could cause false detections.

There are 2 products so far: MotCam is the software doing the detections with a lot of different configuration parameters and several ways to communicate the detections: buzzing, activating a relay, sending a TCP-IP message by Ethernet or Wi-Fi, or sending a RS-232 message. It can work with up to 2 cameras, record videos, take snapshots of every detection, do video streaming and be configured remotely.

ReMotCam F3F is the other product to manage a complete F3F competition by receiving all the buzzing from MotCam. It can produce the results in F3XVault format directly to be uploaded there.

Both MotCam and ReMotCam F3F runs actually on Windows systems. MotCam needs a powerfull computer to get all the capabilities: 75 fps per camera and recording video full color will need an i5 CPU. Lowering it to 40fps in both cameras and no recording video can be done with a simple Atom cpu.

ReMotCam F3F noes not need a powerfull PC, and I'm actually working on an Arduino program to substitute ReMotCam F3F.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask it, I'll be pleased to answer as soon as I can.

Best regards,

Alvaro.

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten