ASH 31 (voll-GfK - 6,4 m - ARF - Hangar9): Erfahrungen?

FETZ

User
EWD and CG

EWD and CG

Mit diesem Schwerpunkt fliege ich und belasse es mal.

Da ich nicht jedes mal den Segler komplett montieren will habe ich den flugfertigen Flieger
ohne Flügel auf die Wage gelegt.

Hi Jürg
I spend another 15 hours to make the model finished this weekend. Total hours are now between 70-100 hours. A lot more than the four hours assembly time according to Ali at Horizon Hobby :). According to the manual the CG should be between 60-85 mm. That is a big range and 60 mm is extremely long forward. I have a motor, motor battery and a receiver battery in the nose. Maybe I need more weight and could compensate with a pilot. But are you flying with a CG of 76 mm? And has your EWD of 1,5% any compact on the CG?

Regards
Espen

Hello Espen

Yes, the information on the installation time is too short. Are not we experts?:confused:

The EWD from 1 to 1.5 GRD is a good value and CG of 78mm, fly-ready gliders without wings.

20190603_160001.jpg

I also recommend the spike tape on the elevator.

Zackenband.jpg

These are good values for the first flights!

If you take a pilot for the ASH31, give him a parachute:D

Good first flight;)

Regards Jürg (:cool:back from the North Cape):)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Espen

User
Receiver batteries

Receiver batteries

Hi Jürg
What kind of receiver batteries are you using and how long flying time do you expect from your battery bank?

I have only a 2s 5200 mah Power Ion from Jeti. And a backup from my BEC connected via a Jeti DSM ESC. That means when the voltage on the Jeti battery drops to a certain level the BEC from my speedcontroller Master Mezon is taking over. But my Jeti battery is my primary source.

Regards
Espen

FETZ

User
Hi Jürg
What kind of receiver batteries are you using and how long flying time do you expect from your battery bank?

I have only a 2s 5200 mah Power Ion from Jeti. And a backup from my BEC connected via a Jeti DSM ESC. That means when the voltage on the Jeti battery drops to a certain level the BEC from my speedcontroller Master Mezon is taking over. But my Jeti battery is my primary source.

Hi Espen

I fly with 2 x 3000mAh LiPo 2S. Power consumption is about 800-1200mAh.

flying time max. 5 h

Your configuration is good. When the BEC takes over, this voltage should be lower and you can trigger a voltage warning with telemetry.

Regards Jürg

Espen

User
Maiden

Maiden

Hi Jürg
I had my maiden yesterday. My CG was about 75mm. But the plane was too nose heavy. I had to trim a lot of up elevator. The plane was extremely gentle to fly. I tried to make the plane stalling with full up elevator, but it was impossible.
I have the original EWD which I have not adjusted or measured. But if the EWD is 2,5% it is too much. The plane will be more agile and fly better with an EWD of 1,5%. My buddy for my maiden flight has been flying different competition sailplanes for a man age and is importing Graupner. He was completely clear that the EWD should be about 1,5%. I guess when I reduce the EWD with 1 % I also have to adjust the CG backword?
During take-off on my second flight I had a minor accident. I don’t know happened. But either my wingtip hit the grass or I did not have enough speed before I pulled elevator. But the plane flicked and took nearly a 180 degree. The only damage was that the retract had a small 2mm bending in the aluminium.

Waldy74

User
Hallo Fetz, tolles Video. Da werde ich immer
heiser auf die Kiste. Noch 6 Wochen dann sollte
sie da sein. Wünsche dir noch viele schöne Flüge.
Gruß Walter

Waldy74

User
Habe letztes Jahr November schon bestellt bei Lindinger
Termin wurde immer verschoben von Januar, April und
jetzt August. Habe schriftliche Bestätigung das bei der
nächsten Lieferung ich eine bekomme, was nichts heißt.
Gruß Walter

FETZ

User
weitere Erfahrungen

weitere Erfahrungen

Nun bin ich die ASH31 schon viel geflogen und sie macht mir immer noch grosse Freude.
Nebst dem fantastischem Flugbild hat sie hervorragende Thermikleistung. Das liegt am
geringem Gewicht. Sie lässt sich problemlos mit 40km/h kreisen und so kann ich enge
Thermik aus kurbeln. Auf Strecke mit 100-110km/h zeigt sie super Gleitleistung. So kann
ich grosse Gebiete abfliegen. Überflüge mit bis zu 170 km/h sind ohne Probleme machbar
und die Fahrt setzt sie super um. Für mich und Zuschauer ist es immer wider ein Genuss
da sie im Verhältnis zu anderen Seglern einfach langsamer geflogen werden kann und
dadurch ein fantastisches Flugbild hat. Wo genau die geschwindigkeitsgrenzen liegt möchte
ich nicht ausprobieren, dafür ist sie einfach zu schade. Nach all den vielen Flügen habe ich
die EWD und den CG nicht mehr verändert, für mich passt es so.

Dies Woche ist mir aufgefallen dass das schöne leucht-Orang verblasst. Anscheinend ist die
Farbe nicht UV beständig.

Am elektrischen Einziehfahrwerk habe ich weiter Hand angelegt da es nicht mehr zuverlässig
aus und ein fuhr. Die Zahnräder im Getriebe sind übersprungen. Die Schrauben vom Getriebe
haben sich gelöst. Dies ist meine Schuld, ich hatte das Getriebe offen und hätte die Schrauben
beim zusammenschrauben mit Schraubensicherung sichern sollen!:o Um weitere Probleme
vorzubeugen habe ich das Fahrwerk wie gewohnt mit einem 180GRD Servo an gelenkt. Bei
Gelegenheit stelle ich noch Fotos vom Umbau hier rein.

Ansonsten macht die ASH31 keine Probleme und tut genau das was sie soll, das Fliegerherz erfreuen.

Gruss Jürg

Espen

User
EWD

EWD

I'm adjusting my EWD from 2,5% to 1,5%. I have "borrowed" the kitchen and I hope my wife will not show up before tonight :-) Concerning the bags I have been in contact with Horizon Hobby. They told me that the bags that was send to Europe was not a part of this problem. Everything is ok.

IMG_0113_edited.jpg

FETZ

User
Hello Espen

I know such moments :D :cool:

WP_20160121_17_20_44_Pro.jpg
ASH25 1:4 Wingspan 6.25m

Correcting the EWD is good.
1.5 GRD is o.k. better is 1.2 GRD, then it is perfect;)

My wings bags are O.K. There is no abrib of aluminum. Thanks for the information.

best regards Jürg

FETZ

User
Fotos vom Umbau

Fotos vom Umbau

Am elektrischen Einziehfahrwerk habe ich weiter Hand angelegt da es nicht mehr zuverlässig
aus und ein fuhr. Die Zahnräder im Getriebe sind übersprungen. Die Schrauben vom Getriebe
haben sich gelöst. Dies ist meine Schuld, ich hatte das Getriebe offen und hätte die Schrauben
beim zusammenschrauben mit Schraubensicherung sichern sollen!:o Um weitere Probleme
vorzubeugen habe ich das Fahrwerk wie gewohnt mit einem 180GRD Servo an gelenkt. Bei
Gelegenheit stelle ich noch Fotos vom Umbau hier rein.

20190723_193714.jpg

20190723_193720.jpg

20190723_193815.jpg

20190723_194038.jpg

Espen

User
EWD and CG

EWD and CG

Hi Jürg
I had 4 flights yesterday after adjusting the EWD from 2,5 % to 1,5 %. I took it step by step and removed ballast from the nose after each flight to adjust the CG backwords. For the final flight I had removed all ballast in the nose and even placed my receiver battery from the nose to the landing gear area. Even then the glider was a little nose heavy. Unlike your glider I have a motor and a 6 cell 4000 mah battery. So, the comparison is not quite equal. From this point I need to add some weight in the tail to get the CG right. But the glider is more dynamic and flies better. The picture shows the elevator position for normal flight mode. As the picture shows, there are still some adjustments to make.

Regards
Espen
ASH elevator (2).jpg

FETZ

User
Einstellungen

Einstellungen

Hallo Espen

I fly the ASH31 with about 1.3 ° and a CG of 78mm. Measured without wings! Pictures and description here:

So the CG is on the safe side. These settings allow the ASH31 easy to fly.

best regards

Jürg

Espen

User
Hi Jürg
I have a configuration of flightmodes looking like this. Do you have any comment or any improvements? I have just 6 flights so far with the ASH 31 due to holiday and bad weather lately. Still working on the CG.

Anhang anzeigen 2169950

Anhänge

• Flightmodes.jpg
    Flightmodes.jpg
    51,3 KB · Aufrufe: 218
Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten