Baubericht - Fun Raven 2,20m von Weidner

In this weekend I should have been fly it, but because the bad wether I was limited only to run the engine for a few minutes.
Total weight is 8200g. I am a little bit disapointed because initialy I estimated it to 7300 and I didn't thought a second it will have more than 8kg. So, the next task will be to get it under this limit:
- wheel pants (95g) - out
- some heavy washers (40g) - out
- exhaust tight system (Federklammern) (40g) - replaced

josin

User
Photos from this afternoon

33xexwn.jpg

2n7murm.jpg

2e5ps49.jpg

1zgwahc.jpg

2f0esnn.jpg

1zvshts.jpg

14txwnr.jpg

wrf894.jpg

4kza85.jpg

5btwnn.jpg

vzhc3d.jpg

2wrjdaf.jpg

5n253r.jpg

16huaec.jpg

2gumslj.jpg

hs10dc.jpg

2j1nztx.jpg

t896x3.jpg

9qk1ev.jpg

551awo.jpg

Hi,

very nice photos, josin!

This weekend (18 and 19 Nov) I was able to release my Raven (after two years from buying it). The wether was very good: 16 degrees, wind zero, no clouds. The first flight was giving me more emotions but in the end it was proven there were no reason for them. For trimming was necessary only one click up on the elevator, everything else was ok. It flyes neutral also on the back and in knifeedge(?) (messerflug) is neccessary only a very little down elevator (I think it is a litle bit heavyer in the nose). For now I am very content with it and I am waiting for the next weekend. What about I am not content is the setup of the engine. Is a new DA50 with about 3l of gas consumed. The low needle was opened more in the breakin process and now I was closed it back to get more power. The problem is the acceleration line: on 50% of the servo path, it runs to 80% of the power. The propeller is a Mejzlik 22x10 and the max RPM is 6700. Know somebody what could be the problem? I am interested if it comes from the setup or not, or if it is normal to behave in this way. If it is normal, than I will adjust the gas curve from the remote...that's it.

Anhänge

• Resize of IMG_0211.jpg
    Resize of IMG_0211.jpg
    175,4 KB · Aufrufe: 71
On the third landing was a dismembered leg of the landing gear, the landings have been very mild, thus failure of the train.

It was the time for my landing gear to break. After about 10 landings a fiber layer inside the right leg was cracked exactly like josin has described here earlyer: http://i37.tinypic.com/30bfp7k.jpg (this is josin photo). I pushed my luck and I have flight further and the result was another crack, this time in the heckfahrwerk (back gear leg?) :(

josin

User
Hi! Ovidiu, my Raven already has 115 flights more or less, and no problem of electronics, no problem with the engine, no problem of construction, it is a machine of long duration, safety and transmits the plane flies very quietly so.

It is a great airplane, a great success.

AndyD

User
Das ist passiert beim ersten Trimmflug nachdem neues Design aufgebracht wurde.

Einfach hochgeklappt bei Gradeausflug.

Keine Stützrippe an der Steckung verbaut. Sowas ist doch nicht normal.

Die Raven ist noch nicht mal 10 Flüge in der Luft gewesen.

:confused:

So war die vorher.

13234934_481336262067113_1019932049_o.jpg

Dann neues Design auch mit Oracover:

3.jpg

4.jpg

Man sieht das die Steckung keinerlei Stütz Rippe hat.
Ich habe gerade in der Plan von der Flügel nachgeschaut und ich kann kein Stütz Rippe sehen. Was gibts doch ist eine GFK Beplankung die ich in dein Bilder nicht sehnbar ist. Gibt1's eine Möglichkeit dass die Flügen nicht originell sind?
PS: wenn du möchtest, kann ich der Flügel Plan per privat senden. Ich habe es von Weimo gekriegt und weiss ich nicht ob es Public machen darf.

AndyD

User
Die Flächen sind Styro Balsa und wurden mit Oracover bespannt. So war es vom Hersteller ursprünglich mal vorgesehen....
Jetzt ist es eh alles Schrott und ein Plan hilft mir jetzt nicht mehr weiter......:confused:

Ich habe die Möglichkeit 2 superleicht Weimo FunRaven Bausätze
mit Rippenflächen, HLW und SLW zu kaufen.
Steckungen sind leider noch nicht gesetzt...krieg ich das hin?
Bin sonst verwöhnter 3m Model Power ARF-Flieger 😎

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten