Philip Noël Mirage 5 mit JETFAN 100 PRO

Hello impeller friends,

This year we'll build 4 Mirages from the Philip Noël plans that will be powered by JETFAN 100 PROs with HET 700-98-780 motors on 12S. With an estimated flying weight of 5 -5,5 kg, a thrust to weight figure of 0,9 or better should be possible.

Our plan is to fly at some EDF meetings in the 2017 season, but first a lot of building and flight training has to be done.

We're very happy that the JF 100 PRO is finally available, with such promising results!

All redesign and ducting for this jet had been according to the JF 100 PRO's dimensions, so that schould be an easy fit later on. Progress is allready a little further than the photos show.

image.jpgimage.jpg

If there is any interest, I'll document the build in this forum (and I'll even try my best German for you (that I can read very well, but writing is a different story) if that is more convenient to you all).

With best regards from the Netherlands,

Guido

hps

Vereinsmitglied
Very interesting Guido,
I think it is the 39" version Mirage 2000. Do you build the two seat 2000B or the single seat 2000C version?
Yes, the new JetFan 100 seems to be a good choice for your intention.
Jetgruß Peter

Hi Peter,

It's the 43" Mirage 5 (Traplet Publications plan) We'll probably build it as the Mirage 5 Elkan (modified formeer Belgian Mirage 5) because we like the little canards and colour sceme.

Greetings,
Guido

uels58

User
Hey Guido

This looks nice.
Im verry interesting of your Mirage. (here in Switzerland we had this cool jet):D
This can be a project for my wintertime.

I hope you you put some building step here.

Best regards
Bet

Hi Bet,

All parts are ready, incudinge the already installed wing joining flat steel and brass tubes. Also the fiber glass inlets are almost completed. We are waiting now for the JF100's that will arive Son and than the building will start again.

Yens, there will be pictures from the building stages. I dry assembled the parts to test their accuracy and that Provex to be fine.

In the meantime my friends are building FlyFly Mirages with JF90s as a training platform for flying deltas.

I didn't go that route, as I promised myself not to build any foam models and to encourage my fellow club members to pick up traditional building. So I'm building an old school Supersonic from Erich Rabe plans for my training purposes. It will be ral retro fun, covered in tissues, silk and dope and powered by a Webradio Speed 50 pusher.

Best regards,
Guido

Testergebnisse

Testergebnisse

Ich habe es nicht notiert, aber das ergernis war ungefehr:

42-43 V
85-86 A
5,3-5,4 kg Schub

Nanotech 4500 mAh 12s
JF100 mit HET 700/98/780
YGE 160 hv
Selbst gemachten Einlauftrichter ais Balsaholz

Alle vier JF lagen nah im Ergebnis.
MIT besseren Akku sollte das Ergebnis wahrscheinlich ziemlich in der nahe von Ejets Tabelle kommen.

Mirage F5 Vorbild

Mirage F5 Vorbild

So soll es werden im ungefähr 1:8,5, mit 1,65 m Lange und 1,08 m Spannweite:

2Mirage5F_RMueller.jpgDassault Mirage 5F [LIMITED to 500px].jpgMirage5_33_13-SD_1981.jpg

Wir erwarten 5 - 5,5 kg Abfluggewicht und hoffen auf 5+ kg Schub mit 12s.

Demnächst werden Fotos vom Bau folgen.

hps

Vereinsmitglied
Perfekt Guido,
dann kann der Aufbau ja bald losgehen; bin schon gespannt und werde diesen interessiert verfolgen!
Jetgruß Peter

PS: Die Steckung scheint aus einer Stahlzunge und einem Messingvierkantrohr zu bestehen - schön so etwas wieder mal zu sehen!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Detail Steckung

Detail Steckung

IMG_1750.JPG

Das messing Flachrohr ist schon getrennt.
Nach dem montierem muss mur noch den Spant durchgesagt werden.
Der Fluegel kann danach abgezogem werden.

Danke

Danke

Vielen Dank fuer Uere Komplimenten.

Ich bin ein leidenschaftlicher Holzbauer.

Gerade ist mein Supersonic vom Baubrett und kann ich endlich am Mirage weiterbauen.

Der Supersonic ist "old school" bespannt mit Papier und Seide, also richting Retro.

Ich bin ja auch schon im Retro Alter...

Grusse,
Guido

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten