UniSens-E von SM-Modellbau

Mikko

User
Update

Update

Carlo

wait a minute, my Schwarzwalder friend Onki is checking !

Carlo don you have a "link" cable? an original one for Unisens I mean?

Wait and see, Onki it's spezial and helped me for a Master Meno circuit he invented some time ago.

---
Carlo to connect Unisens top Gps logger do you use this? ( see photo)

Anhänge

• Schermata 2018-05-28 alle 18.08.34.png
    Schermata 2018-05-28 alle 18.08.34.png
    796,4 KB · Aufrufe: 145

Mikko

User
new schema

new schema

ONKI

do you mean like this ?

Anhänge

• Schermata 2018-05-28 alle 18.15.59.png
    Schermata 2018-05-28 alle 18.15.59.png
    906,3 KB · Aufrufe: 234

onki

User
Hi Carlo / Mikko,

I just doble checked the configuration in my Orca.
The connection scheme is very easy.
Just connect the GPS-Logger2 regulary to the receiver to the Ext or E1/2 input (in case of a REX).
Then use the link cable from SM to connect GPS-Logger2 and UniSense-E. This cable onyly has 3 wires since it is not allowed to connect the two 3V3 output of the devices. In order to supply power to the UniSens-E you need to connect the "+" wire of the Unisens connector (the one with GND, +, and twice pulse). You can connect GND as well but it is not really necessary since GND is alread given by the link cable through the GPS-Logger2.
This is a quick drawing I made:
GPS-Logger connection.jpg
Keep in mind that both modules must be set properly with regard to protocol type etc. The UniSense will send the 6 missing parameters (current, voltage, power, rpm, capacity, energy) to the GPS-Logger2. This works perfectly in my Orca.
I just have a small problem since some flights that the capacity resets suddenly when I start the motor during the flight.

Best regards
Onki

Hi Carlo / Mikko,

I just doble checked the configuration in my Orca.
The connection scheme is very easy.
Just connect the GPS-Logger2 regulary to the receiver to the Ext or E1/2 input (in case of a REX).
Then use the link cable from SM to connect GPS-Logger2 and UniSense-E. This cable onyly has 3 wires since it is not allowed to connect the two 3V3 output of the devices. In order to supply power to the UniSens-E you need to connect the "+" wire of the Unisens connector (the one with GND, +, and twice pulse). You can connect GND as well but it is not really necessary since GND is alread given by the link cable through the GPS-Logger2.
This is a quick drawing I made:
Anhang anzeigen 1964928
Keep in mind that both modules must be set properly with regard to protocol type etc. The UniSense will send the 6 missing parameters (current, voltage, power, rpm, capacity, energy) to the GPS-Logger2. This works perfectly in my Orca.
I just have a small problem since some flights that the capacity resets suddenly when I start the motor during the flight.

Best regards
Onki

Genau so ist es doch in der SM-Anleitung für Jeti beschrieben, der GPS-Logger2 wird an EXT (Telemetrie) und der UniSens-E an einem freien Servokanal angeschlossen. Zwischen den beiden Sensoren das SM-Verbindungskabel #2720 , dieses Kabel hat Carlo55 schon.

This is exactly how it is described in the SM manual for Jeti, the GPS Logger2 is connected to EXT (telemetry) and the UniSens-E to a free servo channel. Between the two sensors, the SM connection cable # 2720, this cable Carlo55 already has.

Hallo.

@ Carlo55

Yeti does not work with a V-cable. Read the instructions of the UniSens-E on page 15, it describes how the UniSens-E and the GPS Logger 2 are connected together to the Jeti receiver. If you do it that way, then Jeti's Expander EX Module is not necessary.

http://www.f5b.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Unisens-E-v1_14.pdf

Greetings Andreas

Gruß Andreas

hello Onki
thanks of the scheme I confirm that I use the # 2720 original cable that connects on the com port Unisense and gps logger 2

I followed the connection scheme either using the sat port on the receiver or a free channel I receive only gps data no data from unisense

Unisense and gps logger are setting for jeti radio

it is possible that the cause is the faulty cable gray?

ths

onki

User
Hi Carlo55,

Did you check if the UbiSense-E is giving data when connected to the Ext port?
Are you using the latest firmware on both devices?
If so there could be a chance that the cable is broken.
But you can check that with an ohmmeter. Just keep in mind that two of the three used wires are crossed.

Best regards
Onki

Hi Carlo55.

In the GPS Logger2 is an SD card included, where the data from the UniSens-E must be recorded, at least according to the instructions of SM-Modellbau. Take the SD card out of the GPS-Logger2 and read it on the PC. For this you need a suitable program, for example "Data Explorer": http://www.nongnu.org/dataexplorer/download.html
If the data is recorded by the UniSens-E, then it works in any case as described in SM-Modellbau. To be able to view the data via telemetry in flight, you may also need the Expander EX module from Jeti.
But first check if the data are all recorded on the SD card in the GPS logger.

Greetings Andreas

Hello Onki, grossiman
thanks for support, I have done several tests this evening remains with the tester check the gray cable

the firmware is updated on all sensors

onki

User
Hi again,

one quick comment regarding the logging on SD card. I have completely disabled that in my GPS-Logger2 since this is useless to me (almost every transmitter logs the data in the transmitter and my GPS-Logger is on a very remote place in the Orca) but my link to UniSense-E does work as well.
Did you try using the UniSense standalone (without the GPS-Logger)? Does it give the power data ? You know that you can enable/disable transmission of parameters in the software? Maybe the power data transmission is disabled in the UniSense-E.
If it still does not work try to contact Stephan Merz. He should be back from holidays next week.

Best regards
Onki

Mikko

User
Unisens

Unisens

Last night with my friend Carlo we had a long test session ( via Whatsup).
Unisens and Gpslogger are ok if connected to Unidsplay. This means both are ok.(but connection with Unidisplay 4 pins cable to COM)

Datas from GpsLogger - we flew togheter last saturday - were recorded on SD but not in the Jeti log.
Datas were also presented on Jeti display ( he flew and I looked at the screen) . But no record on the Jeti log ( only Ex value Qrx A1 A2 RxV.)

1 ACTION ) I think it's better to re-configure both sensors on a Pc screen using their dedicated softwares from SM.Better on a Pc screen even than Unidisplay.

A question : is it possible to connect the grey cable 2720 in a wrong way ? ( I mean inverted so that GND from one side is connected to Tx? and so all connections are inverted?) Having not cable and sensors with me I can only come out with some question. And being the com port 4 pins and cable 3 pins ?
I repeat I've not hardware with me, I'm trying to help Carlo in remote.

2 ACTION ) Another point is n to take in consideration Once' statement " .... You know that you can enable/disable transmission of parameters in the software?..."

The system must work and I agree make no sense to record on a SDcard, it's only boring if you can display datas via Jeti global .log file.

This evening we will try again to see if something positive can be reached.

onki

User
Hi Mikko,

keep in mind that the Ext-port must be set to the correct "mode".
When using EX-Sensors like the UniSense-E etc. you need to set this port to "Jetibox" mode (serial link) to receive data. Not EX-Bus.
This is a bit tricky to understand the Jeti nomenclature (EX vs. EX-Bus).
You can check functionality in the transmitter "Sensoren und Aufzeichnung" (I don't know the tag in the english UI).
After switching on the parameter groups must show up there or you need to press "Auto" in order to delete the current list (The DC16 is limited to 32 parameters).
But to reconfigure using the PC-Tool and config file on SD might be a good idea.

Best regards
Onki

Mikko

User
Link Vario Pro

Link Vario Pro

Me too, I don't like single sensors and the chain of cables.... com, link.... etcetera.
For this reasons on my Skywalker I put a Link Vario Pro mit integrated GPS but now it's no more in production.
I do not like to mix different brands due to possible incompatibility coming from the necessity to create a sensor that works with several Tx.Rx system.

But I am ready to risk 20 USDollar for a Gps just to spend some time around our hobby......

--
Carlo
- reset all value with AUTO fonction on Jeti tX
- in the Jetibox emulator on DS14 he can see GopsLogger values but their are not shown on the telemetry display and NOT recorded in the ,.log file on Tx SD cards - GPS Logger creates a .nmea file on internal SD micro card but No value in Jeti ( except I repeat, in the Jetibox Emulation)
- in some test it seems Unisens is viceversa able to transfer data also to .log file

I proposed to Carlo to send him an Expander4 but he wants to find the way without it.

Wait and see. It's a stupid config step that is missing, but where? which one? mystery of on board electronic!!

I update you with the latest evidence
updated sw jeti to version 4.28 created a new model with a new receiver never used and connected the sensors according to the scheme of Onky unfortunately I have not solved
the data of the two sensors are not recorded in the radio logs and the unisense data are not displayed on the telemetry display
I wrote to Stephan asking for his help
hello and thanks for your help

Mikko

User
Jeti Expander 4

Jeti Expander 4

Carlo, tomorrow I'll borrow you an Expander 4 !

I think at the end it's the simple solution !

Mikko

User
Expander

Expander

With Expander4 all datas are in the Jeti .log, so Carlo's problem now solved.
All datas are present in JetiStudio but in DataExplorer only Unisens's one. Why it's again a mystery, but Carlo can have necessary telemetry parameters on DS screen.

------------

Experiment with home build GPSSensor is perfect, I must find the way to change from mph to Kmh (or m/sec) but it's very effective.

Anhänge

• IMG_6481.jpg
    IMG_6481.jpg
    240,3 KB · Aufrufe: 115

Mikko

User
Meter

Meter

Simple DS must start in AUTO and reconfigure the sensor when you change from mph to kmh and meter. Perfect !

Anhänge

• Screen000.png
    Screen000.png
    8,3 KB · Aufrufe: 70
Carlo, tomorrow I'll borrow you an Expander 4 !

I think at the end it's the simple solution !

solved with the support of Stephan, for my configuration with radio yeti ds14 sw 4.28 and the latest sw versions for unisens-e gpslogger2 it was necessary to connect unisens-e to the receiver port with the positive and negative poles (+ and -) this it's the only difference from the Onky scheme
thank you all

Mikko

User
Unisens and GPSLOgger

Unisens and GPSLOgger

So at the end this is the schema of connection on a Jeti Duplex system.

Anhänge

• Schermata 2018-06-07 alle 12.20.23.png
    Schermata 2018-06-07 alle 12.20.23.png
    426,3 KB · Aufrufe: 115

onki

User
Hi all,

I finally found the problem for my capacity reset with the GPS-Logger2/ UniSens-E combination.
One of the data wires at my link cable obviously had a problem. I recocnized that this weekend when suddenly no power telemetry was given.
I checked it all and found a broken wire at the link cable. Most probabla this was giving the reset when turning on the motor (no connection for a short while).

After replacing the broken wire it all worked perfectly again. But Istill use a plus wire from Unisens to receiver since the GND is already given by the link cable and the connection to Ext-Port.

Best regards
Onki

Mario12

User
Onki, as I said before. The simple things are always best suited for first actions.
Always... :D:D

Freut mich, dass es jetzt wieder klappt.

Mario

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten