Zlin 526

Probably all depends on the all up weight and how much weight I need up the front. We have a few choices

3W-110 Inline (which I already have in my 1/4 Scale Spitfire), or 3W-150 Inline, if one available

Valach 120i-4T
vm120i2.jpg

Kolm il150
kolm 150.jpg

Hi guys,

I am also interested in the Zlin from Engel since many years but due to a lack of availability of sound realsitic engines (in my opinion it can only be produced by Twin-engines especially 4-stroke engines) I didn't realised this project. But now market of engines comes in to movement and we will see what is the best choice for the Zlin. My question: didn't you fear that the Kolm is to heavy for the long nose of the Zlin to realise the CG without to much ballast in the rear of the plane? What I know from former times is that in the first Zlin's (the prototype was originally built by Thomas Schmidt in the mid 90ies I think) they had the 3w 120 Twin and had problems with the CG (Batteries have to put in the rear). My feeling is that the Valach 120 Twin is the absolut maximum weight using a 4 Stroke engine. Looking forward to hear your comments.

Ralf

Hello Ralf.

I agree partially with you. In fact, I'm working hard to solve this problem and minimize the use of lead balancing. I will use two servos for the rudder mounted in the tail. And also the lipo will be installed as far as possible behind.
Basically I have 4 servos 2 for the tailplane and 2 for the stabilizer plane ..... As soon as possible will publish the photos.

good day

A special thanks to Andreas Engel and Philipp Gura for the help and information you kindly give me. The work continues :)

Screw and nut only for mesurment and testing of course .... :)

1052743_10203000300477744_564965400_o.jpg

schaut sehr gut aus! Bist du schon geflogen?
Grüße Ralf

BeBe

User
Hi Giorgio,

very very nice, i'm paying a big compliment.
Please tell us something more about the flight quality, the position of the center of gravity an the running of the lolm engine.
Lust but not least, i'm very nosy about the final weight of your zlin.

Best regards,
Bernd

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten